Monday, January 22, 2018

Good Day... "Ma'am"


January 17, 2018, Wednesday, the first day of our work immersion, definitely a new environment and new experience for us. On the first half of the day, an orientation was held to let us and the teachers know what to do for this work
immersion.

At first we were just relaxed, too relaxed that we managed to greet the Nabunturan Central Elementary School-SPED Center principal, Mrs. Rosario Noneza, and the Asst. School Principal of Nabunturan National Comprehensive High School, Mr. Sandy Yee, with all smiles. But when we were assigned to different areas and grade levels, that was when I felt the pressure and nervousness that was just hiding in me, without me knowing.

At noon, we were instructed to report to our supervisor or critic teacher. I was very nervous, given that I am assigned to Grade 1. Honestly, I was expecting to be assigned to a higher grade. Dealing with mother tongue (Sinugbuanong Bisaya) is a big challenge for me since we have'nt experienced that when we were still in Grades 1 and 2. When I was asked by my supervisor to introduce myself, I did not know what to say. My mind just had a blackout. Sure, the students are just kids but standing in front of them still made me stutter.

I believe that we are all gifted with luck because fortunately and thankfully, my supervisor is approachable and kind enough to teach me a lot on my first day. She showed me different school forms, e-card, dialy lesson log, and many more, that unlike the traditional way, are recorded through computers.

All in all, my first day still is a great, new experience for me. It was funny how the students stare at you, observing on how you do whatever it is you are doing. They are innocent, little kids adoring what you look like, what you do and how you act even if for you and for your standards, you are the worst of your kind.

One day down, 9 more to go. I just hope I can make it 'til the 10th day.


7 comments: